The Makena Coast of Maui is the south coast of Wailea and Makena offers a very different terrain for SCUBA diving than Molokini and remarkably different sea life for being such a short distance apart.
The Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles live along Maui’s beautiful coast line making the diving extra delightful. Spotted Eagle Rays, White Tipped Reef Sharks, Frog Fish, Octopus and a myriad others species are often seen at these dive sites. Of course, finding them is more likely when you have one of our expert Dive Masters and Instructors leading you!
The Makena/Wailea area dive sites we most frequently dive are:
• Nahuna Point aka Turtle Town, Five Caves, Five Graves and Makena Landing (Five names!)—40 foot depth
• Pu’u o’lai aka Red Hill— 40 foot depth, great drift
• St. Anthony Wreck— 60 foot depth
• WWII Tank and Landing Craft— 60 foot depth
• 85 foot Pinnacles (An Expedition Dive Day option)
All dive sites are weather conditions permitting.
Call 808-874-1273 for information and reservations!
Please keep the time difference in mind! We are 2-3 hours earlier than the west coast and 5-6 hours earlier than the east.